• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration from flickr to LR CC

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had LR long time and now LR CC is a cloud service. I used flickr 13 yr ago (when my son born) and they are going to charge me starting in Jan.

Instead of paying two cloud services, I am more on using LR CC and delete my flickr again (sorry flickr).

- Is there any easy way to migrate pics to LR CC? can't find any post talking about this?

- If I am using Creative Cloud, I can share folders and with subfolder to public? Is it searchable and browsable similar to flickr?

What if I miss (or gain) when I migrate flickr to LR CC?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t think there is any way at present to migrate from different cloud services. Unless Flickr has a download tool you would need to add files manually to LRCC.

You can share albums or ad hoc groups of photos or you can present a group of albums as a single link from the LRCC web interface. However the images are only viewed by people you send the link to. They are not generally publicly discoverable like Flickr or SmugMug.

You may miss public groups & comments but you could gain the ability to have everything instantly available on mobile tablet & phone devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines