• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing capture dates after Migration to Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, I upgraded my catalog from Lightroom 4.4 to Lightroom Classic (7.1), then migrated the catalog to Lightroom CC (1.1) overnight. Out of 50,000 images, I have about 2,500 that are listed in Lightroom CC with no capture date. I went back and opened LR Classic, and many of these images do have a capture date in the Classic catalog. (The validation log file only showed 187 images with conflicting metadata.) I suspect that many of these images are ones that were captured on one device and then sent & saved to another device (photos downloaded from an online site to a phone, mobile photos sent from another person, etc.) so there may be inconsistencies in the capture time. However, I would really like to have some kind of capture date (even if it's the date it was saved, scanned, or edited) in the CC catalog. Is there a way to force Lightroom CC to read the capture date in Classic after the catalog has been migrated?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar kind of thing also. My photos in Adobe Revel, their old Cloud Storage displayed as I would expect. Now many in LrCC have no capture date and displayed in a different order.

Likewise, it seems they came from the same type of sources as you mention (online, WhatsApp etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After letting Lightroom CC sync run for a few days, it found the capture date for all but about 400 images and videos. I have resolved the issues with the images, but I still have about 175 videos that Lightroom CC is classifying as "no date." All of these videos have a correct capture date shown in Lightroom Classic. Anyone know how to get CC to recognize the capture date of a video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping after some more time CC was able to find the dates of your last files--- Because the same thing just happened to me after migrating yesterday.  I have 1,400 without dates.  I started manually editing capture date, did about 20 before realizing how long it would take to do that.  Hopefully I didn't already screw something up since you say CC was able to discover the dates automatically after some time.  I'll give it a few days I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did it go? Because I have the very same problem on about 100 photos after migrating from LR Classic last night. Should I just wait a few days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from editing the Capture Date in LrCC I can’t, although others may.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up working around this by exporting all of my No Date photos into a folder on my desktop, running a program to find their corresponding originals, running another program to generate capture dates for all of them, and re-importing into Lightroom.

I wrote it all up here, in case anyone else runs into this (and also happens to be on a Mac, and is comfortable running some scripts in the Terminal):

https://chris.nunciato.org/posts/migrating-from-lightroom-classic-to-cc/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines