• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing library Lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to using Lightroom etc, but I've just noticed on my laptop that everyone of my photos was missing from the library. I've begun recently to use my desktop more for the editing and post processing of images, but have used the laptop in the past when on the road etc, however this was the first time in a while that I've opened it up on the laptop. Any idea why this is the case? Does it only allow one device to access the library? That to me would be quite nonsensical when looking at a cloud service?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I'm on Version 3.2. Sorry for missing that before! I've signed in and out, I've deleted the app on the laptop and downloaded again as well.

Thanks,
Duncan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have signed in on the laptop using the exact same Adobe ID and password then the photos that were added using the one computer should also be available on the laptop as well as any other devices (mobile phones, tablets, etc.) that have the appropriate Lightroom application installed. But they all must be using the same Adobe ID and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm - I only have ever had the one Adobe account, and I had used the laptop to use Lightroom before transitioning to the Desktop with the same account, so I'm not sure how that could be it.

I added some random files to the library earlier on the laptop, and then just now logged into the same account on my iPhone and apparently the library is completely empty, so not only is it not finding the hundreds of photos I've had in the library prior (used the Desktop version to edit as recently as last week), the mobile version of Lightroom isn't finding the couple of photos that I've again added to test things to the library from my laptop just today. Pretty nonplussed here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, just hang on for a bit. I am primarily a Classic user, so I don't know all the ins and outs of Lightroom. Perhaps someone else will have a good suggestion for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using the Lightroom (cloud version) on both computers? You should see the same photos if you are signed into the same account. You can also go to Lightroom.adobe.com to check the contents of your cloud there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines