Highlighted

Mobile sync issues

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I’m new to all this. I have lightroom cc on my desktop, iPad and iPhone. The Album I created on my iPhone has synced across the devices.

i created multiple Albums on my ipad I check the cloud button and it seems stuck with 578 photos to upload, and has been like this for a week, so these Albums don’t show on the other devices. I have tried to find the answer but it not obvious to my small brain what I am supposed to do to resolve this! Any help much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mobile sync issues

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I’m new to all this. I have lightroom cc on my desktop, iPad and iPhone. The Album I created on my iPhone has synced across the devices.

i created multiple Albums on my ipad I check the cloud button and it seems stuck with 578 photos to upload, and has been like this for a week, so these Albums don’t show on the other devices. I have tried to find the answer but it not obvious to my small brain what I am supposed to do to resolve this! Any help much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 14, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing the latest desktop update which was just released.

99jon tech: Lightroom CC dot Release - December 2018

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I have shutdown Apps and turned off my computer, iPhone and iPad. I then restarted computer, Creative cloud says Lightroom CC is up to date. I have turned on my iphone and iPad; Apps are up to date. The ONLY album that has shared across all 3 devices is the one I created on my iPhone. A check of the cloud icon here has a tick box  and says ‘synced and up to date’.

On my IPad (where I created 5 Albums - none of which have appeared on my desktop or iPhone) I still have the spinning wheel with ’uploading’ and 578 photos pending. This has been like this for a week now and does not change.

On my desktop a click on the cloud icon here reveals ‘syncing 2006 Photos’ with spinning wheel. Again this doesn’t change and is just stuck.

Perhaps there is something obvious I am doing wrong here, but I thought the whole idea of this App was that it was cloud based and any changes would ’seamlessly sync across devices’ (Quote). As things stand this App is totally useless to me and isn’t doing what it is supposed to.

Perhaps someone one from Adobe can point me in the rigtht direction???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh...and this forum is the ONLY Chanel of communication to me, despite paying £19.97 a month!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the installed version of LRCC

Go to Help >> About LR.......

You should see the version and build number.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20181211-1217-31970e4 Build

version 2.1.1

i also went to Lightroom.adobe.com and deleted all sync issues, but this has also had no effect!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you have the most current version. You may need to purge the sync blockage.

In the LR CC desktop app Click All Photos top-left.

Switch to square grid view which displays thumbnails with flag, star ratings & sync status

Click the filter icon to the right of the search bar and choose Sync Status

Choose what is still syncing or stuck and press Cmd+A to select all.

You can now try a couple of things.

(1)Right-click on one thumbnail and choose to delete the selected number of photos. Then re-launch LRCC and add the photos again.

(2)Alternatively apply a star or flag rating to the selected items to force a metadata change and re-sync. You could test this on a couple of photos if preferred.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is pretty basic, but did you confirm that the iPad and desktop have a good internet connection?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2018 0
Jao_vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main thing is that you need to keep the app open and the phone on a good wifi connection to be able to upload that many images. If your phone goes to sleep it will stop uploading. There is a setting in the settings of the app that you can enable to prevent this. Also, the quality of your internet connection is of paramount importance. Most internet connections have terrible upload speed and that many images can take a very long time. If it seems completely stuck, the trick is usually simply to pause syncing (from the cloud icon) on the device and reenable it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2018 1