Move from Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic - How??

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is driving me crazy (again).  For some reason I never fully understoof the difference between Calssic and CC versions and I assumed CC was the modern one and Classic was a version that worked on legacy computers.  Duh!  Now I see what is really going on and I really want to move my CC library/catalog/whatever to classic and I am finding it impossible.  I never used the cloud aspects of CC because my library was way to large and I live in the country so syncing from the cloud will not work.  All my photos are local and all I want is to manage them from the Classic interfact with all features.  I find lots of stuff online for moving from Classic to CC but not vice versa.  Help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Move from Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic - How??

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is driving me crazy (again).  For some reason I never fully understoof the difference between Calssic and CC versions and I assumed CC was the modern one and Classic was a version that worked on legacy computers.  Duh!  Now I see what is really going on and I really want to move my CC library/catalog/whatever to classic and I am finding it impossible.  I never used the cloud aspects of CC because my library was way to large and I live in the country so syncing from the cloud will not work.  All my photos are local and all I want is to manage them from the Classic interfact with all features.  I find lots of stuff online for moving from Classic to CC but not vice versa.  Help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use 'File - Export' and export all the photos from Lightroom CC with file type 'Original + Settings', or as DNG. Then you can import these photos in Lightroom Classic. This will bring over the photos, and all the edits you made in Lghtroom CC.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see that I can do that but what about my folder structure and all the sorting etc?  I'll be forced to rebuild all that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you will be. The only way to get Lighroom albums to appear as Lightroom Classic collections is to enable sync in the Lightroom Classic catalog, and that you don't want to do/can't do. Folders are what Lightroom Classic calls collection sets. They don't sync anyway, so they will never come over. That's the way it is.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Lightroom CC the "future" or just the fluffy cloud version with Classic being the professional workhorse?  It seems like Classic has A LOT more features and real tools, not to mention a realistic media management structure that does not rely on the cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now Lightroom Classic is definitely the more professional version and Lightroom cloud is the Apple Photos / Google Photos alternative. Maybe that will change in the future, but I do not see that happening any time soon.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the help!

TC

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0