• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Lightroom Catalogue to fresh Windows 10 install

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently done a fresh install of windows 10 on a new SSD. I am trying to move my lightroom catalogue over to the fresh lightroom install. How can I do this? I cannot fathom it out. Is it all possible?

I do not have a great internet connection, so downloading all files from the cloud isn't happening. On the previous install, ie before the fresh Windows 10 install, I have had a copy of all originals installed on another drive (not the one windows and LR was installed on). Can't I just migrate the previous catalogue to the fresh install? Or has once again Lightroom CC (web based) proved to be a complete waste of time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom - the Catalog and photos are all 'controlled' in the Cloud.

I would expect that you only need to-

1) Install the CC Desktop App and Lightroom in your computer's 'Windows fresh install'

2) Sign in with the Desktop App

3) Start Lightroom, and your Catalog and photos should be 'as before'.

You could check your photos and albums by signing in at www.lightroom.adobe.com in a web browser.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines