• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moved from LR5 to lr/ps cc

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I move my LR5 catalog file from my LR5 to my external HD so I can get the new and improved computer up and running with CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find more info here-

Move Lightroom to a new computer? | The Lightroom Queen

But with an upgrade to a Creative Cloud 'Photography Plan 20Gb' - Your procedure would be-

1) Copy your Lr5 CATALOG and all the PHOTO FILE FOLDERS to the new system (as well as Presets & Plugins, etc).

2) Install the CC Desktop App  and use the App to install LIGHTROOM_CLASSIC (Step #3 in the link)

3) Step#5 in the article - [Double-Click] the Lr5 Catalog to 'Open' it.

Lr-Classic will then ask you to allow an upgrade of the Catalog. Yes, allow, and a copy of your catalog is modified to work with Lr-Classic. Then always open this new v10 Catalog.

(NOTE: Do NOT subscribe to the 'Lightroom (1TB)' Plan.  It does NOT include Lr-Classic nor Photoshop! )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the info however, I know I will screw things up without a pro on the phone with me talking me through the steps. I know, I'm a total idiot when it comes to these things. thanks anyway. Guess I will just leave it alone until I'm getting some proper help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines