• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving imported photos

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I move a photo that has been imported to Lightroom Classic from location to another on my computer, do I need to do anything in Lrc or will it automatically detect and update itself?

Similarly if I download a Lr synced photo from my phone to my computer and subsequently delete it from my phone, do I need to re-import it from the new location?  

Thanks in advance.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move the photo within Lightroom iteslf by dragging the image and dropping it onto the target folder in the Folders Panel, then nothing you need to do as Lightroom will update its catalog with the new location. However, if you move the image using the file system, Lightroom will not know where you've moved it so the image will be reported by Lightroom as "missing". You can subsequently relink Lightroom to the image in the new location, but it's a lot easier to do the move using Lightroom itself.

I don't understand the second question. Is the image in question one you've synced from Classic to the phone (via the Adobe cloud)? If so, I assume you mean what happens if you delete it from the LrMobile app on the phone.  The same applies if you've synced the image from the phone to the cloud, and thus down into Classic. If so, the image is removed from the cloud, but remains in Classic.If you mean something else, please clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for clearing up the first query.  The second part was referring to photos I've taken on my phone and synced to Lr cloud.  If I then move the photos from the phone to my computer, I guess the same thing would happen as in scenario one i.e. Lr on my computer would report them as missing, is that right?   I guess the lesson here is that Lr doesn't move any photos stored on any of your devices.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If synchronization is enabled then when images are taken and added to Lightroom (for the cloud) they should automatically be added to your computer. At least that is the way it works on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines