• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving my copy of Lightroom 6 to a new computer - missing licence

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Lightroom 4 many years ago and then upgraded to LR6 a few years later; all is good and I am very happy.  But my computer is now worn out and I have a new one.

When I go to install Lightroom 6 usingthe licence I have it tries to find the older version (LR4) which it can't find and then asks for me to select which version i had and the original licence key.

I don't ave the original licence information any more so get stuck at this point.  I don't want to upgrade to CC at the moment just want to instal the version I already own.  Both old and new machines are running WIndows 10 if that helps.

How can I get my new computer up and running?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, since you purchased Lightroom 6 as an upgrade, it will be necessary for you to provide the serial number for Lightroom 4 as well as the serial number for Lightroom 6 in order to complete the installation. Unfortunately, Adobe doesn't keep a record of your serial numbers as far as I know. If you still have the old computer and it still works, there are utilities that will extract serial numbers, and there is a path that will allow you to find that information. But I don't know that path. Does the old computer work? Would you be able to use it long enough to find the information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

Thanks for the response.  Yes the old one works fine, I just don't know where to go to find the previous licence number.  If you have any tips on where to look I should be able to find it if it is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the 'old' computer try looking in-

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom,

Open the .lrreg file with a text editor such as Notepad and retrieve the serial number.

You may have to change your file preferences in Windows so that you can see hidden folders in order to get access.

If lucky then both Serial Numbers for v4 (original_serial_number) and v6 (serial_number) will be in the .lrreg file.

And it may look like this-

regInfo = {
original_serial_number = "116012345643815451987654",
serial_number = "116012345661392538456789",
uuid = "3C104C6A-0487-4B0E-B720-A94B683F099A",
}

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines