• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Photo Edits Between Computers WITHOUT the Cloud?

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got about quite a number of Lightroom CC photos (and edits) that I need to move from one computer to another, but only 20GB of space in the creative cloud (which is full). Many of my edits are stored locally because they won't fit in the cloud storage. I could easily just transfer the photos themselves via an external hard drive from one computer to the other, but I'm worried that I'd lose all of my photo edits since those are stored locally and many them are not stored on the cloud. I've looked around quite a bit, and I haven't been able to find a way to do this. I could sync them in batches, first syncing the ones that *are* saved in the cloud, but I think that if I were to sync those and then replace them in my cloud storage with the next batch, that the first batch would be deleted. Is there a way to just export the photo edits, or to export the photos with the edits in a separate file that doesn't have to go through the cloud first?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you are using Lightroom Classic ("Lightroom CC" is an old name that is no longer used for any version). Your edits are stored in the Lightroom Classic catalog, not in the images and not in the cloud. So if you want to move this to a new computer, you need to move the images and the catalog to that new computer. 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines