Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving photos from Lightroom CC on iPad to desktop and deleting them from cloud

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I've searched through multiple topics here on the forum but I couldn't find an answer to this question: Is it possible to import RAW files directly to Lightroom CC on iPad, edit them there and then move them with the adjustments to Lightroom Classic CC catalog (download to desktop's hard drive) and delete them from the cloud (or only keep the previews there)?

The only workaround I found is copying the photos to a different folder and then deleting them from CC library, but this also deletes all the adjustments made on iPad...

I love using Lightroom on iPad but because I shoot thousands of RAW photos a week and I simply cannot use the cloud to store my photos (I'd fill up the 2TB in like 2 months and it is also quite expensive).

Does anyone have their own workaround or solution to this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Lightroom CC for Desktop, Mobile Device and Web synchronize fully. What happens to one happens to all. If you delete in any of the clients, it is deleted in them all.

Lightroom Classic CC has limited synchronization capabilities.  When you delete in the cloud, it remains in Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow these steps:

1. Import onto iPad (iOS camera roll)
  2. Auto import into Lightroom CC on iPad
  3. Edit as desired
  4. Sync to Lightroom CC cloud.
  5. Set Lightroom Classic CC to sync to same account.
  6. Originals with edits will sync down to Lightroom Classic CC
  7. Move from the Mobile Sync folder using Lightroom Classic CC to where you would like them stored in your drive structure (optional).
  8. After originals have synced up from iPad and down to Classic, you can safely remove them from the Lightroom CC cloud.
  9. Backup as any normal Lightroom Classic asset.

Note removing Cloud-based images removes them from the Cloud, Lightroom CC for desktop, web and devices but does not remove them from Lightroom Classic CC.

It never hurts to test with a couple of sample images to make certain you have the workflow correct.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, thank you for the answer.

So it really just downloads all the photos available in the cloud at the time of the "synchronisation" and once they're downloaded I can delete them from the cloud and upload new ones that will again only be added to LR Classic Library once I synchronise it with the LR CC cloud and it won't affect the photos synced in the past?

So "synchronisation" isn't actually a "synchronisation" with Lightroom Classic?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC for Desktop, Mobile Device and Web synchronize fully. What happens to one happens to all. If you delete in any of the clients, it is deleted in them all.

Lightroom Classic CC has limited synchronization capabilities.  When you delete in the cloud, it remains in Lightroom Classic CC.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also looking for a solution, but I don't think this really provides that for anyone who is not able to push everything to the cloud. I have an iPad Pro with large capacity, so I am downloading 20GB or more from a shoot to my iPad while in very remote locations. I do not want to push that much through the cloud. Then, I feel totally strapped and basically useless in iPad because I have no way to then move an album with edited RAWs over to my desktop. IPad has external storage support, but Lightroom ties me to use the cloud.

Are there any workarounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I understand it, you could pay for additional cloud storage by going from 20GB to 1TB. This is probably what I'm going to do before going on my next vacation in remote locations, where wifi and cell service won't be available all the time. Unless someone tells me there's another workaround, I'll go this way.

Christian Gingras
Québec QC, Canada
Sports / Events / Cities

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines