• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving to new laptop but cant activate Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 'signed out' of the lightroom instance on my old laptop, but when attenpting to use LR 6 on my new laptop I keep getting this message:

"The serial number <number> is already in use by the maximum allowed computers.  You need to deactivate another computer within 29 days to use this product"

So, having signed out - what else do I need to do to get the software working?

Windows 10 OS instance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Adobe account and examine your activations. You'll need to identify the old computer and deactivate the installation on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I'll see if I can find it.  I have never noticed actiuvations in my profile/account before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing that information is in here somewhere:  

https://account.adobe.com/orders

This is not easy to find

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can find downloads and serial numbers - but no tab/page/heading/item that shows activations - against any products that I have.  Does this page/heading exist any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not using Lightroom 6. I'm using the creative cloud programs. But try going to Get Help, then My Plans, and then scroll to the bottom of that screen. That is where I see the list of activated devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK -according to the documentation I need to click on Plans --> Manage Plan

I don't have that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link where you can initiate a live chat with Adobe. See if they can help you with this. I'm sorry, I have never dealt with Lightroom 6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=LTRM_membership-account-payment_cancel-your-membership_sti...

Click on this in the lower right-hand corner of the screen:

Screenshot 2020-09-11 101627.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help though - appreciated.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use that link that I provided, be sure to only ask to have your activations reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:  I now have two laptops that are not able to start lightroom 6 after signing outr of one of them.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the EXACT same problem, but only have ONE computer!

My Adobe account CONFIRMS that I have purchased and registered Lightroom 6, and it HAD been working for a couple of months, but now refuses to even launch.

How, WITHOUT me having bought a new computer since, AND the serial number only attributed to MY email address; can I now NOT be able to use the application on the SAME computer it USED to work on?

It seems as if Adobe only really cares about new customers signing up to their subscription accounts.

I am still on an older Mac OS, so that I can carry on using my Creative Suite 6 as well, but this is just really poor service, to be honest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines