Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My catalogue wont open

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my catalogue can open on my computeur but when i try to open it on my laptop all my picture are mark with en ! . Can someone help me please 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are referring to Lightroom Classic. Are the image files on the laptop? Is Lightroom looking for the image files in the same location (same drive name or drive letter) as on the other computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My image files are on an external hard drive. I'm using the same for both my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Windows, then the same drive could have different drive letters on both computers.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the external hard drive has a different name or drive letter when connected to the laptop. Check to ensure that the drive letter or name is the same or in the library module right-click on the topmost folder and choose the option to find missing folders or update the folder location and choose the appropriate folder on the laptop that points to the external hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working perfectly well on both my computer but yesterday i moved some pictures between 2 files on my laptop (macbook) and boom, everything was mark with a ! but only on my laptop, not my imac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Lightroom to move the files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i realize that it still work out well with my imac i deinstall and reinstall lightroom on my laptop thinking there was maybe a problem with the application but the problem still there 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to create a new catalogue to see if it was possible to import new photo but it's not working, the problem still there, there a ! on the new files 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is your OS (Mac or Windows)? What is the name (Mac) or drive letter (Windows) of the external drive? What is the file name of one of these images?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been working with my external hard drive for months without any problem but since i moved some picture (around 20 )  from a file in lightroom to an other file the ! point appeared on every files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't answer the questions, you make it very hard to help you.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Mac . Here are the infos about my external drive Capture dā€™eĢcran, le 2020-04-14 aĢ€ 17.30.43.png

File name exemple : 

Volumes/MANOphoto1/Lightroom image/Famille/2020/Selfie/_VAO7357.NEF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when Lightroom shows a '!' sign on an image and you click on that exclamation mark, you will get a dialog saying the image is missing and what Lightroom thinks the path to the image should be. What is the difference between that path and the real path of the image?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally discover the problem ! My catalogue double up, i don't know why but i delete one and everything went back to normal.

thank you very much for your help and questions, it help me to resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines