• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mac restarts when Lightroom freezes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the new ligthroom update my computer has shut down at least 20 times. It is quite frustrating since it is impossible to work fluently, this happens as soon as I open Lightroom, I start editing and soon after it freezes.

I am concerned about the damage it will end up doing to my mac or whether it will end up damaging one of my external hard drives.

I'm really desperate, is there someone else what's wrong? If so, how have you been able to solve it?

I don't understand how adobe releases a version with so many bugs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not normal behavior at all. I would be really worried about damage to your main hard drive, faulty memory, or a problem with your graphics card. You should run First aid on your main hard disk (it's in Disk Utility) and repair any problems it finds which is not unlikely if you get a lot of hard crashes. I would also test if turning off GPU acceleration (in the perfromance tab in Preferences) helps which would indicate a bad graphics card. You can also test uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom. Bottom line is that hard crashes are not normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the system requirements as for instance Lightroom 4 now requires Mac OS 10.14

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

of course! my mac is updated to version 10.15.6 of catalina. So this error should not exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines