Highlighted

Need help improving performance on Lightroom CC (NOT Lightroom Classic CC)

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having issues with the slow performance of Lightroom CC. When I'm editing, for example, using the healing brush, there is a slight delay with the changes and Mac's spinning wheel comes on briefly. This wasn't happening yesterday but for some reason it's slow today. I've tried clearing some items on my computer to make more room and I've restarted the program.

I have found a lot of discussions on how to improve the performance on Lightroom Classic CC but NOT on Lightroom. I don't know if the resolution is similar but I am having a hard time following the instructions because it seems like the menu options and features are different. For example, some users have suggested on optimizing the catalogue but I can't find that under Lightroom CC Preferences.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help guide me on how to improve the performance on Lightroom CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need help improving performance on Lightroom CC (NOT Lightroom Classic CC)

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having issues with the slow performance of Lightroom CC. When I'm editing, for example, using the healing brush, there is a slight delay with the changes and Mac's spinning wheel comes on briefly. This wasn't happening yesterday but for some reason it's slow today. I've tried clearing some items on my computer to make more room and I've restarted the program.

I have found a lot of discussions on how to improve the performance on Lightroom Classic CC but NOT on Lightroom. I don't know if the resolution is similar but I am having a hard time following the instructions because it seems like the menu options and features are different. For example, some users have suggested on optimizing the catalogue but I can't find that under Lightroom CC Preferences.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help guide me on how to improve the performance on Lightroom CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about poor performance of Lightroom, could you please confirm the exact version of Lightroom you're working on by going to Help > System Info?

Also, could you please try disabling "Use Graphics Processor" located in Lightroom's Preferences > General, then relaunch Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jao_vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they files from the same camera? Whether you see any delay is very strongly dependent on how large the raw files are. You will see this every time even on the fastest machines with >40MP files. Also it depends strongly on how many healing spots you have already applied (more than a few and you get delays), whether you have any lens correction or upright corrections turned on (this will make it do the delay every time!) and whether you have any complex effects such as dehaze applied. Also if you have any local corrections done with brushes or graduated filters it will trigger the delays and spinning beachballs of death.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines