• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New computer doesnt have enough memory

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop took a crap, and had to buy a new one that has only 4gb ram, brand new subscription to adobe cc, but cannot install on the computer due to insufficient storage, am I able to install on an external hard drive to use it on my laptop? Want to make sure before i buy an external hard drive..thankyou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much free disk space do you have?

Normally you need free disk space for temporary unpacking the installation file and some parts of the program were installed on the system drive.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC system requirements

Although the help article says you can run with 4GB - 8 is recommended. 4GB will barely run the OS. Even with an external hard drive and lots for free disk space, you'll watch the spinning ball of death on just about everything you try to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insufficient storage is not the same thing as ram. It sounds like you may have two problems with your computer, not just one. I recommend upgrading the ram to the minimum recommendation, and buying an external hard drive for storage. You can’t instal Lr on the external hard drive, but you can move your files and photographs from the start up hard drive to the external drive. This should give you enough room to instal Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Storage and RAM are two very different things. Sounds like you're lacking a bit of both. I would  recommend upgrading the RAM to at least 8GB. If it will take 16GB, I would do that. For your storage problem, I would get a large external HD and use that for all of your files. You could also use a cloud storage like Google Drive (though you'll probably want to pay for the upgraded version) and store your files there. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines