Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New lightroom: batch apply a preset

Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

versions: New Lightroom 4.2 (latest) with Windows 10 latest. 

I am migrating from Lightroom classic to the new Lightroom. In LR classic, I could create a preset and batch apply to all photos selected, but in the new LR, I could find this batch apply button. I had to click the preset the each of the photos manualy. Is there an express way to apply a preset to a number od photos that I select?

Thank you.

Serena

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Select an unedited image, then apply your preset. With that image still selected, do Ctrl+C (Cmd+C on a Mac) to copy the edit settings that you just applied. Then select the images that you want to paste those settings to, then so Shift+Ctrl(Cmd)+V to paste the settings.

To apply Auto to multiple images, first select a single image and Shift+A to apply Auto. Then Shift+Ctrl(Cmd)+C to bring up the "Choose Edit Settings to copy" dialog box. At the top should be the "Auto Settings" option, so ena

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction: but in the new LR, I could *not find this batch apply button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, is there a way in the new LR to batch apply "Auto Settings"? Shift-A works only for 1 photo a time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select an unedited image, then apply your preset. With that image still selected, do Ctrl+C (Cmd+C on a Mac) to copy the edit settings that you just applied. Then select the images that you want to paste those settings to, then so Shift+Ctrl(Cmd)+V to paste the settings.

To apply Auto to multiple images, first select a single image and Shift+A to apply Auto. Then Shift+Ctrl(Cmd)+C to bring up the "Choose Edit Settings to copy" dialog box. At the top should be the "Auto Settings" option, so enable that plus any other of the settings you also want to copy and paste. When the copy is done, use the same procedure as before, i.e. select the images that you want the Auto settings applied to and do Shift+Ctrl(Cmd)+V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped me greatly. Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question and tried your solution. However, the auto or presets are only applied to the first image in my selection. I select an image, click auto, then STRG+SHIFT+C, select auto only. deselect the image and select several unedited images. Only the fist image gets the auto setting when I paste it. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correction: I meant CTRL+SHIFT+C. It is called STRG on german keyboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind. I was missing something, indeed. I did not press CTRL when pasting. CTRL+SHIFT+V did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines