Highlighted

New Mac , Lightroom can't see images from my Canon 5d Mark III

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded and brought a new Mac but having problems with lightroom reconising images through my canon mark iii 5D it seems to reconise my camera but not my images. i have tried my other sandisks to no avail. i have downloaded drivers on the cannon website still no avail. I have no issues on my old mac so its clearly a software isuue. Help

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Import and share, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Mac , Lightroom can't see images from my Canon 5d Mark III

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded and brought a new Mac but having problems with lightroom reconising images through my canon mark iii 5D it seems to reconise my camera but not my images. i have tried my other sandisks to no avail. i have downloaded drivers on the cannon website still no avail. I have no issues on my old mac so its clearly a software isuue. Help

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Import and share, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 24, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening, could you please let us know the version of Lightroom you're working with? You can check the version by going to Help > System Info.

Also, have you tried copying a few images to the local drive and then try importing them into Lightroom to see if it works?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are connecting your camera straight to your computer, correct? What happens if you use Image Capture in MacOS to ingest your photos to a folder on your hard drive and then import your images into Lightroom from that folder? Do you get the same result?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using MacOS Catalina 15.2 and connect your camera by a cable? There is a problem with MacOS Catalina 15.2, where images are not seen if you connect the camera to the computer via a cable. This is supposed to be solved when Catalina update 15.3 comes out. In the meantime, use a card reader (and copy the images manually to your hard disk first if Lightroom still doesn’t see them on the card).

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020 0