Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to creative cloud and One drive is winning

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I am new to Creative Cloud, but i have so many questions that it is not normal. I got 2 free months from Canon because Irista will be deleted. I got 2 free months of Lr and 1TB of space. So i decided to try it out and than the challanges started.

This is my current workflow;

• take pictures
  • download pictures using EOS utility
  • EOS utility creates a folder on my hard drive with the date as folder name
  • open pictures in DPP4 - select picture - edit them 
  • share them on social or post them on my website
  • all files of on my laptop are automatically backed up on one drive

Now Adobe Creative Clouds and Lr

• I downloaded the desktop app - it shows me all apps I have, can buy or can update in the APPS section
  • Your Work tab - What on earth are Libraries? Why would i want to create one when I have folders?
    • Is it possible to synch ALL documents of my laptop in "Your Work" tab?
      • One drive is winning on this battle because I dont understand this part of Creative Clouds

Light Room

• I took some pictures today and I managed to import them into Lr. I saw that Lr also has a cloud (top right) and is synchronizing
    • where is it synchronizing to because I dont see the picture when I opent the Creative Cloud Desktop anywhere
      • so where are they saved than?
    • I managed, dont ask me how, to export a picture to Ps and edit it there. I clicked save and now that edited picture I can see it in Lr. NICE ---> Not really.
      • I want to export this picture to post them in my socials, but there is no EXPORT button to be found in Lr.
        • Now the pictures are stuck there and i am not able to do anything. I saw that you are able to save an export preset. Not in the version of Lr that I have.....

This is not working out, and I do like the Lr software for its capability to edit my pictures. But so far it is not doing me any good.

Can someone help me??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jairo,

Welcome to the Adobe family!

To learn about the Creative Cloud Libraries and how they work, please check the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/how-to/creative-cloud-libraries.html

The Creative Cloud storage and the Lightroom storage are a part of the same quota but the files in both are saved separately. The Creative cloud storage can be used as a backup or to sync the files between 2 machines that you have the Creative cloud installed on. The Lightroom storage, syncs the images you have imported into Lightroom between all devices you have installed Lightroom on.

To export images from Lightroom, click on the Share icon on the top right next to the cloud icon and select Save To and you would be able to export the images to the destination you want.

Screenshot_5.png

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nikunj,

Thank you for your reply. This helps as I am still figuring out how this all works.

So, in this case i believe that it is best to keep using Onedrive to backup my documents and Creative Clouds to backup my  photos that I import into Lr.

After these 2 free months I will decide which sytem i will keep.

Thank you!

Jairo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines