Highlighted

New Windows 10 Computer auto selects to back up to OneDrive. How do I change this??

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated right now, I am ready to scream.  I purchased a new Windows 10 OS computer and thought I had done everything I needed to make sure Lightroom 6 (with my hierarchy, workflow settings etc) transferred effortlessly from my old Windows 10 computer.  WRONG!

I have my backups, photos, previews etc. stored to an external hard drive.  When I installed LR 6 on my new computer, it installed to C/ProgramFiles which is perfect.  However, when LR launched, it shows my backups going to OneDrive...where I definitely don't want it going.  I've created a Lightroom folder on my D (HDD) drive where I'd like copies going in addition to my external hard drive.  I've copied everything over to the D drive folder.

LR is still not showing my hierarchy nor giving me a chance to choose another place to save back ups.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Windows 10 Computer auto selects to back up to OneDrive. How do I change this??

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated right now, I am ready to scream.  I purchased a new Windows 10 OS computer and thought I had done everything I needed to make sure Lightroom 6 (with my hierarchy, workflow settings etc) transferred effortlessly from my old Windows 10 computer.  WRONG!

I have my backups, photos, previews etc. stored to an external hard drive.  When I installed LR 6 on my new computer, it installed to C/ProgramFiles which is perfect.  However, when LR launched, it shows my backups going to OneDrive...where I definitely don't want it going.  I've created a Lightroom folder on my D (HDD) drive where I'd like copies going in addition to my external hard drive.  I've copied everything over to the D drive folder.

LR is still not showing my hierarchy nor giving me a chance to choose another place to save back ups.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
How to, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0

Have something to add?