Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I'm new to Adobe and have just started the 7 day free trial.

I have a couple of questions that I hope people can help with.

Firstly I was wondering if the quality after editing and then saving to a file is intentionally down graded to stop  you from making the most of a free week : /

Also as a hobbiest and only wanting to edit photos am I better off with just Lightroom? I've seen reviews that say final quality of Photoshop is noticeably better.

Do you get acces to Photoshop with a Lightroom subscription if only a limited amount.

Apoligies for all the questions but am really keen to get started but need help to make the right choice.

Thanks in advance : )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your first question about saving the file being "intentionally downgraded". The seven day trial should give you access to everything. If you are referring to editing a raw file and then saving it, Photoshop cannot save a raw file as a raw file. The resulting work from Photoshop must be saved in a different format.

If you are referring to subscribing to the  creative cloud photography plan then Photoshop IS included in that package. I don't know if I'm answering your questions. Please clarify what it is that you need to know.

Are you considering Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? Are you aware that there is a difference, and are you familiar with the difference between the two versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for help. 
I'm uploading to Lightroom in Raw directly from sd card editing photo then downloading into a file as a jpeg.

Im not really clued up on different versions of software, have watched countless YouTube videos but am still none the wiser : / and Adobes web content seems very minimal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering the tutorials Adobe has available, as well as the countless tutorials available on YouTube and other websites, there are hours and hours of valuable information you can find. You must be careful in choosing, however, because there are the two different versions of Lightroom and you need to know what you are looking for. Adobe was in very insightful when choosing the names for the two different versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true, I filter through YouTube to find Adobe tutorials.

I'm still a little confused with the loss in quality after downloading : ( 

forgot to mention I had a brief phone call with customer services who said they said this was due to it being the free trial but am not 100% sure they understood my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version is the full version. Are you referring to Lightroom or Photoshop? And, can you describe in a little more detail what you are referring to when you talk about loss of quality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you can make out here on the first example the finished edit in Lightroom and on the second the saved jpeg.

The saved copy seems to be tonely darker and has lost all detail most noticeably on the back of the mans suit jacket. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC includes Photoshop and Photoshop for iPad. Lr – the cloud version - does not include Photoshop but has greater storage capacity. See the link below.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if I'm a being daft. So there's two 'photography' plans : / and one 'Lightroom' plan?

Also how do they stack up against pros and cons to 'Photoshop' 

I'm looking to edit occasional photos from a Sony a6000 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that’s correct. Both Lightroom and Photoshop offer similar quality. Photoshop can do a few more fancy things with layers, masking and text etc. If you only edit occasionally you could consider Photoshop Elements. It comes with an Editor app and Organizer rather like the Lightroom Library. It’s available as an outright purchase without a subscription. Adobe usually releases an update in September/October but in the meantime you could download the current version and give it a try – free for 30 days

My blog has a few video demos which may be of interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great, thank you. I hadn't considered Elements, I'll have to look into it and try out the trial : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines