• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon z6 files still not working (have updated)

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to import my Nikon z6 raw files directly from my camera into Lightroom but it is not working. First the image previews do not appear on the import panel. Then when I go to import the files it says 'some import operations were not performed' and it lists all the images I tried to import. I think I am updated in LIghtroom as well because when I go to the drop down on the apps it does not show me an update option.

What am I doing wrong/ is anyone else having this issue?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to check what version you are actually using. Do Help>System Info and post the first half-dozen lines back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what it says:

Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en-US

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13.6 [17G4015]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 2.6 GHz

Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 2,451.0 MB (14.9%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5,499.4 MB

Memory cache size: 1,122.0MB / 3,864.7MB (29.0%)

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX

Camera Raw virtual memory: 1576MB / 8191MB (19%)

Displays: 1) 1440x900

If it is an outdated version can I get insight on how to update since the app updater does not show any updates?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes, that is way out of date....2015.14 was replaced with Lightroom Classic (version 7) in October 2017. The latest version of LR Classic is 8.1, which is what you need for Z6 support.

Do you have the CC Desktop app installed on your system (which is what is used for updates to the subscription-based apps)? If so, you should see Lightroom Classic listed with the option to "Install", which you should select. If you don't have the CC app installed, login to your account as Adobe.com and download and install it. See: How to download Creative Cloud desktop app

Once you have installed it, on first launch it should detect and upgrade your existing catalog, after which you will find that your Z6 files will be recognised. Note that there have been a lot of changes introduced by LR Classic which you might want to familiarise yourself with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for pointing that out!  I did not realize I was using the old Lightroom still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines