No Faces Detected in People View

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest release of Lightroom on all my devices over 24 hours ago, and I am still seeing zero faces in the People view.

I have nearly 20,000 photos, and there are a *lot* of them of the same people, yet nothing shows up, it just seems to be broken.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled apps, but I am guessing this all happens server-side. There is zero indication from the UI that anything is actually happening. Is this intentional? I expected at least some kind of loading animation, or progress bar--anything really.

Honestly, assuming this is server-side--why on earth wasn't a lot of this indexing done *prior* to launch? This is a really bad user experience, it feels like my app is broken...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Richard,

I will clarify the above message I posted, to which you replied.  I am the author of NMB-10295 in Adobe's issue tracking system. I can assure you that there is no bug in the Lightroom CC desktop software version 2.0 (Mac) and 2.01 (Windows) causing the issue some users are seeing with a lack of faces populated in their people view. There also is no bug in the Adobe servers causing this issue.  NMB-10295 is the document where we are tracking the issue until completion when everyone's People View is completed.  Support has incorrectly portrayed this as a bug and we will discuss better messaging when I am in the office tomorrow. I apologize for any confusion this mixed message this has caused you.

Briefly, the People View feature requires each user's account to be indexed on the Adobe Servers. This indexing is complete for most users and the team is working hard on completing indexing for the remainder. When the indexing for you account is complete, the view will populate automatically. I do not have an ETA for completion and it will be different for different users. I understand your frustration and ask for your patience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues but a twist.

I use to have Classic Lightroom, and that has a face regonition built in. The people that I did tag from that show up in LRCC now. But only the pictures of them previously identified by me. Other pictures with those same people are not associated with them in people.

pictures not previously tagged in Classic are not yet indexed in LRCC. Going on 8 days now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe again today and they told me flat out that there is a major problem with Face Detection for LR CC ver 2.0 on their server side. "They are working night and day to resolve the problem."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That information is incorrect. There is not a bug in the servers. Indexing of accounts proceeds but it is not yet complete. If you haven't been indexed yet, could @Daniel Atkins you post back here,  with your total image count in Lightroom CC as well as the amount of storage you are using? (Click the cloud icon to get that information) . Thank you for your patience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for face detection too, using 1.22Gb / 100Gb ... with a lot of pictures including the same persons.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you better tell this to your support people -- two different ones have given me the bug answer.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, Thanks for any help. My current image count is 15,732 and using 47.4 gigs. There are about 60 video clips/

Dan Atkins

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been told by Adobe support there is a major bug that is causing this issue. The bug number is NMB-10295.

Adobe Have told me it should be fixed in a few days (that was a few days ago) but also I have been told this will be fixed in next update?

Which is correct? When will this be fixed? It’s all Very frustrating.

Thanks, Richard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. "No faces detected." I have 9,231 photos totaling 245.51 GB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have zero pictures indexed after more than two weeks. I have more than 60 000 photos in the library so I understand it will take time but it would have been nice that they explain that it was going to take more time if we had a lot of pictures (if that's the case). I also felt this was a bug that Adobe was not trying to fix...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I've been in Lightroom CC for several weeks with over 15,000 photos...many of them with faces.  Still nothing showing up.

What should I do next?

Thanks,

Randy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines