• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Faces Detected in People View

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the latest release of Lightroom on all my devices over 24 hours ago, and I am still seeing zero faces in the People view.

I have nearly 20,000 photos, and there are a *lot* of them of the same people, yet nothing shows up, it just seems to be broken.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled apps, but I am guessing this all happens server-side. There is zero indication from the UI that anything is actually happening. Is this intentional? I expected at least some kind of loading animation, or progress bar--anything really.

Honestly, assuming this is server-side--why on earth wasn't a lot of this indexing done *prior* to launch? This is a really bad user experience, it feels like my app is broken...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Hello Richard,

I will clarify the above message I posted, to which you replied.  I am the author of NMB-10295 in Adobe's issue tracking system. I can assure you that there is no bug in the Lightroom CC desktop software version 2.0 (Mac) and 2.01 (Windows) causing the issue some users are seeing with a lack of faces populated in their people view. There also is no bug in the Adobe servers causing this issue.  NMB-10295 is the document where we are tracking the issue until completion when everyone'

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

How do we contact you directly to try and address this?

Thank you.

randyf79@aol.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues but a twist.

I use to have Classic Lightroom, and that has a face regonition built in. The people that I did tag from that show up in LRCC now. But only the pictures of them previously identified by me. Other pictures with those same people are not associated with them in people.

pictures not previously tagged in Classic are not yet indexed in LRCC. Going on 8 days now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe again today and they told me flat out that there is a major problem with Face Detection for LR CC ver 2.0 on their server side. "They are working night and day to resolve the problem."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That information is incorrect. There is not a bug in the servers. Indexing of accounts proceeds but it is not yet complete. If you haven't been indexed yet, could @Daniel Atkins you post back here,  with your total image count in Lightroom CC as well as the amount of storage you are using? (Click the cloud icon to get that information) . Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for face detection too, using 1.22Gb / 100Gb ... with a lot of pictures including the same persons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you better tell this to your support people -- two different ones have given me the bug answer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, Thanks for any help. My current image count is 15,732 and using 47.4 gigs. There are about 60 video clips/

Dan Atkins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been told by Adobe support there is a major bug that is causing this issue. The bug number is NMB-10295.

Adobe Have told me it should be fixed in a few days (that was a few days ago) but also I have been told this will be fixed in next update?

Which is correct? When will this be fixed? It’s all Very frustrating.

Thanks, Richard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. "No faces detected." I have 9,231 photos totaling 245.51 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have zero pictures indexed after more than two weeks. I have more than 60 000 photos in the library so I understand it will take time but it would have been nice that they explain that it was going to take more time if we had a lot of pictures (if that's the case). I also felt this was a bug that Adobe was not trying to fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I've been in Lightroom CC for several weeks with over 15,000 photos...many of them with faces.  Still nothing showing up.

What should I do next?

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RikkFlohr​  I've been on lightroom CC 2.0.2 for a couple of weeks now with a collection of ~67GB.

I thought something would have come up by now since my collection isn't the largest, but I've got nothing on the faces tab whatsoever.

Is there a direct contact I should go through for this?

Thanks in advance for the info,

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still seems to be a problem, uploaded 100 dng shoots of people a few days ago, the cloud found 3 Persons in 28 photos. This seems so much inferior compared to what LR classic find in faces. There must be something wrong on the server end. Even before that I had some smartphone shots that clearly show people, it didn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

René,

You wrote:

"uploaded 100 dng shoots of people a few days ago, the cloud found 3 Persons in 28 photos. "

Can you please make an album with those 28 photos.  That will help us investigate the issue further.

Right now, we are not sure what the cause is.

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

René,

Let us know if you get a chance to follow up on my ask here to create an album with the photos in question.

One thing to know is that we will not show faces in the People view until we are able to successfully recognize at least 5 faces as belonging to the same person.  It's possible we were not able to do that in your case. 

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk Flohr - LR Ecosystem, I sent you a private message more than a week ago. I've been waiting for 17 days now since I move from Lightroom Classic and still no faces in my library.

Needless to say, "faces" is one of the services we pay monthly within our Lightroom subscription, and (I think I speak for everyone here) we expect no less than the whole package of services for the money we pay, or else a discount, same as if we wouldn't have the 1tb for example.

But paying a price for a full array of services included in your subscription (like a server side face detection) and not having it doesn't seem much fair for Adobe's customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignacio,

Apologies for the delay.

Can you please try to disable and re-enable faces to see if that works?

Also, when you enabled faces, were you a current subscriber? 

Trying to understand how this may have happened, so looking for more info.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I was, yes, because I have A LOT of images, and as I recall I had to purchase the 1TB plan before even migrating the library from Lightroom CC Classic.

Disabled and re-enabling faces did the trick though, but I couldn’t find a single mention about it in Adobe’s help pages. All the information about disabling faces was referring to Lightroom Classic.

Now the problem is that I have a ton of faces but I can’t see the photos of the people themselves. Example:

D830B726-0499-4948-A8E0-2A21DC1F551D.png663D38FB-9E75-4ECD-84B8-A893379E50D7.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks for the update.  This was not a know issue here -- still figuring it out.  Will take this latest info back to the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello peter-b​, I'm sorry for the delay, I have to say that after disabling faces and enabling them again (and waiting a few hours for the servers to do their magic) everything is working correctly. After 2 days it's still recognizing photos but it's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great to hear!  All looks good from our side as well.

We still will need to fix the cause of this problem - thanks for letting us know so we can make sure other don't have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
What is the procedure to get this fix in my account? I've uploaded 10k pictures 2 weeks ago, but it still shows no people detected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to an ancient thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same one you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better off posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information, including system information, a complete description of the problem, and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

If the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines