• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No longer any options when opening Photoshop from Lightroom on desktop (OS)

Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This week I noticed that Lightroom started behaving differently when opening an image to Photoshop from LR classic (all current versions) - Now the original file opens DIRECTLY without any pop up window asking to select:  original with LR changes, original, copy, etc.  How to I get these options back?  I haven't changed anything in my settings.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This always happens when you send a raw file from Lightroom to Photoshop, because you would not have any choice anyway. You will only get that dialog when you send an RGB file (jpeg, tiff, psd) from Lightroom to Photoshop. So what changed is that you sent a raw file.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but you’re incorrect. I’ve been sending raws (dng) files from LR to PS for many years...this is a definite change. In fact, in past it was not even possible for me to do this without passing the dialog box.
Steve

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I am not incorrect. This is not a recent change. That dialog box disappeared for raw files ages ago.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-edit-in-gt-photoshop-no-dialog-with-quot-...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines