• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Noise reduction not applying on Export

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been raised before but I'm having issues with exports from Lightroom on iPad (version 5.3.1) where it appears Noise Reduction isn't applying to the an image when exporting a JPEG.  

This does not happen when exporting from Lightroom Classic on the desktop version.  

Below are two examples.  Both have been edited from the same RAW file using exactly the same settings and adjustments (exposure, sharpening, etc).  Both exported using the same settings (or as closely as possible on the streamlined app). 

As you can see the first image has much more grain/noise compared the the identically edited second version.

This hasn't been an issue before and it's currently destroying my workflow. 

Lightroom export from iPadLightroom export from iPadLightroom export from Lightroom ClassicLightroom export from Lightroom Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to comment and say I'm having the same issue on my iPad Pro. It doesn't appear to happen on every photo, however. I went back to ones I took a few weeks ago and the noise reduction is applying correctly to those. The newer photos I've uploaded, even ones I took yesterday, are not having the noise reduction applied. I tested the Lightroom CC app on my computer and it seems to be working fine from there. Hopefully it'll be a quick fix!

Update: I just tried it on my iPhone and all settings, noise reduction included, exported properly. Seems to be an issue with the iPad only. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that I load my photos onto the iPad and they upload from there. I tried clearing the cache to force the iPad to download the original file for export as a JPEG but that didn't seem to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I'm on the iPad Pro too (2020 version).  I upload my photos directly to the Apple Files folder so I can access across all my devices, instead of directly in to Lightroom.

Ive not tried using my phone to edit the same image but I'll give that a go too and see how the sport comes out.

I will report back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me.
When I export my pictures to my iPhone 7, the Noise Reduction function doesn't work. The color noise reduction function also does not work. Have you solved this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem but on Lightroom Classic for PC and it is only happening for a specific series of photos within a photoshoot as well... Other photos within the same shoot are exporting as they appear in Lightroom. Also some of the pictures it is happening to were edited first in Photoshop and some never received edits in Photoshop. I am extremely stumped. I tried all export types and a range of export qualities and nothing solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I also tried exporting the photos with lightroom edits through photoshop and that also didn't fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want to add that I am having the same problems, however for me it's on iphone. The noise reduction does not apply on export (I'm going from RAW shot on iPhone to JPG). No sharpening is applied in the export setting. 

Below are screenshots at 1:1:

Lightroom pre-export                                                         Photos post-export:

Lightroom pre-exportLightroom pre-export   Photos App post-exportPhotos App post-export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't added to the following thread already, it's a good idea to post there. It's monitored by the engineering team whereas this is mainly a user to user forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-mobile-cc-noise-reduction-when-expo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The silence from Adobe on this issue is deafing. I'm really not sure I can't continue to pay monthly for an unusable app that has destroyed my workflow and it impacting the quality I am delivering to clients. 

ive started experimenting with Affinity Pro and so far the mobile/tablet is performing better with noise reduction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines