• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-existing folders will not "Remove"

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 17 folders that no longer exist on my hard drive but they are still showing the number os images (used to be in the folder) and the question mark. But there are no previews when I click on that question marked folder.  

I right-click and select "Remove" and the little status bar at the top moves and says "Removing folder" but nothing happens, the folder is still there.  It's like the volume needs to be synchronized to what's on the hard drive.

I deleted Lightroom preferences, restarted the computer, reinstalled software.

Any suggestions, other than a new catalog and reimporting?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Do not reimport images. Your catalog may be corrupted. but since it still can be read, you should be able to solve this in the following way. Create a new catalog. Choose 'Import from Another Catalog' and select the old catalog. Carefully select only the 'real' images as images to import. That should recreate the catalog withuot the missing images and folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not reimport images. Your catalog may be corrupted. but since it still can be read, you should be able to solve this in the following way. Create a new catalog. Choose 'Import from Another Catalog' and select the old catalog. Carefully select only the 'real' images as images to import. That should recreate the catalog withuot the missing images and folders.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! 

Because I have over 33,000 photos across a handful of HD I didn't know what to check or uncheck, so I just imported everything.  As you suggested, the catalog was corrupt because the 2 imported non-existing folders were removed easily by right-clicking and choosing Remove.  This was not working correctly in the original catalog.

All is good now. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines