Highlighted

not enough disk space?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to edit some photos but Lightroom says there isn't enough disk space. There definitely IS enough disk space... so I am not sure how to work around this. I was trying to import 15g of raw photos, and the message told me to free up 15g of space. I tried to import just one photo, and the message said to free up 1 photo worth of space. Whatever I am trying to import, the message tells me that I need to free up that exact amount of space. There is over 70g of space available on the drive I am working from. Thoughts? I ususaly work on a desktop mac and I am trying to edit photos on my mac laptop for the first time. 

Thanks!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

not enough disk space?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to edit some photos but Lightroom says there isn't enough disk space. There definitely IS enough disk space... so I am not sure how to work around this. I was trying to import 15g of raw photos, and the message told me to free up 15g of space. I tried to import just one photo, and the message said to free up 1 photo worth of space. Whatever I am trying to import, the message tells me that I need to free up that exact amount of space. There is over 70g of space available on the drive I am working from. Thoughts? I ususaly work on a desktop mac and I am trying to edit photos on my mac laptop for the first time. 

Thanks!

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your operating system requires a minimum of 20% free disk space at all times to function properly. If you only have 70 GB free, I suspect that you are pushing the limit of what the hard drive can handle, and you need to free up space as indicated. What is the total size of the hard drive you are working with?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I was initially trying to use my computer's hard-drive. I switched to an external drive, made sure I have all of my Lightroom updates current, and the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines