Highlighted

Not using Cloud to store anything

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two 3TB external HDs - one with original images and the other a mirror copy (Carbon Copy Clone). I have nearly 14K images and plenty of room left. I don't want to store ANYTHING in the Cloud. I want it all to reside locally. I don't want to pay for anything beyond the 20GB basic amount given (I don't need it).

How can I accomplish this? I went into preferences and set Store Location of Originals on my primary 3TB drive. However, I still see "red ! circles" indicating it's not stored (no room available) on the cloud. Can I get rid of these annoying little fellas??

I want to see 20GB free (available) rather than 0 available.

I'm coming from Lightroom Classic (the one I purchased and have been using for years). This is all so new!

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Not using Cloud to store anything

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two 3TB external HDs - one with original images and the other a mirror copy (Carbon Copy Clone). I have nearly 14K images and plenty of room left. I don't want to store ANYTHING in the Cloud. I want it all to reside locally. I don't want to pay for anything beyond the 20GB basic amount given (I don't need it).

How can I accomplish this? I went into preferences and set Store Location of Originals on my primary 3TB drive. However, I still see "red ! circles" indicating it's not stored (no room available) on the cloud. Can I get rid of these annoying little fellas??

I want to see 20GB free (available) rather than 0 available.

I'm coming from Lightroom Classic (the one I purchased and have been using for years). This is all so new!

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going by your 'wants' - you are using the wrong program! And "set Store Location of Originals on my primary 3TB drive" would suggest you are using Lightroom (Cloud based)!

You need to be using Lightroom-Classic (now at Version 8.4.1)

The Photography Plan with 20Gb of Cloud storage includes Lightroom-Classic, and you do NOT have to use the Cloud at all if you do not want.

You do, however, need the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App which is your goto program for Updates and Activation (Sign in).

https://www.adobe.com/au/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html?red=a

https://lightroom.adobelanding.com/which-lightroom-is-right-for-you/

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You nailed it, WobertC! Thank you!! I re-started to use Classic this morning and everything is neatly there. Now, a new question "develops" - in the CC folder there is a file "Uninstall Lightroom". Should I utilize that to take CC off (never to return)? I hesitated because I don't want it to remove all my stuff! It doesn't say "Uninstall Lightroom CC" and with the generic word of "Lightroom" I figure I needed clarity..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, To un-inatall, I believe you simply drag an App from the Applications folder onto the Trash. BEFORE YOU DO- Are all the images that you imported in Lightroom (Cloud based) on your local hard-drive? If there were not copies locally then you may need to retrieve the files from the 'Cloud'. (I am not real knowledgeable about this) You may need to check this help info- https://helpx.adobe.com/au/lightroom-cc/kb/download-lightroom-photos.html .
Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Macuzer LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, again, WobertC. I did nothing but install CC and did not import anything. It wasn't "my cup of tea", if you will. I did what you suggested: drag the app to the trash and delete.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines