• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open Image from lightrom in external editor

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i want to open images from lightroom (not lightrom classic!) in an external editor to edit the images (I don't have photoshop).

I want to edit them directly from lightroom in affinity photo but i don't know how to send them from lightroom to affinity photo. I can't find settings for the external editor.

Thanks!

Stef

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom doesn't support external editors other than Photoshop. I guess you could export the image as a Tif file, open it in Affinity, save from there and import back into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Lightroom Classic does!

Why not Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd guess it's because the two Lightrooms are (initially at least) targeted at different audiences, so priorities are likely very different. It's also unrealistic to expect all the functions of Lightroom Classic (developed over 12+ years) to appear in a program that has only been going for 3 years. Over time, there'll probably be a much greater alignment of functions between the two, but that's not going to happen quickly. In the meantime, choose and use the one that best meets your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines