• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimum Configuration for Laptop to Run LR/PS

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After MS replaced my SurfBk2 three times and only then told me the configuration would never give me optimum performance for LR/PS. So, I'm putting it up for sale and purchasing a machine that will. I want the BEST possible configuration that will be technologically advanced to serve my needs for a few years! I'm shopping custom so I will have more flexibility. My main concerns are how high to go on graphics NVIDA 2070 or 2080  RTX/GTX ??  RAM 32 or 64 and how to break them into pieces (lol). 4 8s or 2 16s? ect for the 64 half or quarters? If I can't get both highest RTX2080 and 64... which one is best to go 'down a notch'?  The other area is storage and multiple ones. 1T plus what? and which place does it go? Thanks for any wisdom and guidance. Do not anticipate going into other Adobe progs..just optimized for LR/PS 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the system requirements for Creative Cloud desktop app + Camera Raw + Bridge + PS + LR.   And keep in mind these are basic recommendations.  Your requirements may vary upward  depending on the volume and type of work you do.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

See recommended Photoshop CC workstation.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-CC-139

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links but I've already researched your suggestions. Adobe is great at listing minimum but I cannot find anywhere the BEST or Optimum configuration. I've had suggestions to have a 'scratch drive' that's SSD+fast and my storage regular plain SSD or even HD... I've also had recommendations that 32GB of RAm is enough and others say the more the better. I'm not looking for brand, just a great configuration. My current laptop w/ a top dollar price tag has 16GB RAM!!!! and does not cut it at all. lags, rendering problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links. Puget does not have laptop. I have already read the system requirements for all Creative Cloud. My current system exceeds the minimum on ALL requirements (except Acceleration) and lags, hangs, non-responsive.. I don't want minimum I am trying to find out things like suggestions on either high RAM or top graphic card. Which will impact my performance in using filters and adjustment tools, zooming in and not having the edited area read wrong because of processing lag.... Read my main concerns in the post. No one is directly addressing my question. They either send brand links or say read what I have already researched. Quite frustrating.. I appreciate all the answers but none have been on target with recommendations from personal experience or knowledge base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what optimum really is.  If you are in the USA, I've been doing  ver well with PS and LR Classic on a $1200 Lenovo Legion Y545 I bought from Costco.   Costco is good at taking it back if you don't like it. 

https://www.costco.com/Lenovo-LEGION-Y545-Gaming-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---GeForce-GTX-1660Ti---144Hz...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is virtually the same configuration as I currently have on my SBll. It is NOT working for me. Same RAM but graphics I have NVIDA GTX1070.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Take a look at these articles

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-CC-139/Hardware-Rec...

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Lightroom-Classic-CC-141/Hard...

These are my system specs and Photoshop runs without any issues, I don't use Lightroom though

CPU: Intel icore7 3770K
Memory: 32 GB Cruical Ballistix Sport
Graphics Card: 4GB Nvidia GTX1050ti
Monitor Displays: 2 * 27inch Ultrawide Philips LCD
Hard Drives: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for apps and OS only
250GB SSD for Scratch Disk
WD 3TB for Storage
WD 4TB for Backups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"No one is directly addressing my question."

I'm trying!!

You said you want a laptop.  That's all I've ever had.  Each has lasted abuut 4 to 5 years.  Since I started using Photoshop and Lightroom, my experience is that they are integrated systems more than custom built.   There are exceptions.

Within the Windows world of integrated laptops, the "gamer" models seem to offer the most value with the best performance.  HP and other offer "workstations" for graphic artists and they are more expensive.

My earlier suggestion still stands.  Buy where you have a few weeks of return capabitly.  Using your Adobe subscription, install and test.  If you don't like the performance, unistall the Adobe software and return it.  My experience with, first an ASUS and then, a Lenevo "gamer" has been good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines