Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Original image size

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I’m considering to begin using Lightroom for iPad mini, but I need to store my images a secure place in a cloud based service or on external hard drive that I essiky can connect to iPad.

The problem is, if I should use a cloud based service, I need to be sure that the cloud service will store my images with full quality, without any reduction of file size. Last time I uploaded a image that was 24,6 MB and when I saw it in my Adobe library / cloud it was reduced to 23,5. But it was still typed «original» with the image. I don’t want to use a service that reduce the file size or that reduce the quality of the images. I need to be sure that I can use it without worring for losing file size, inage data, image quality or similar.

Do you know if Adobe keep the image quality / image file size when storing in Adobe Library / Cloud for using with Lightroom on iPad?

Best Regards,

Gerard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

It depends on how you get it into the cloud.
If the image was ingested into the Creative Cloud via Lightroom CC Desktop client or Lightroom for Mobile (Android and iOS) or Lightroom for Web, it is the original image - full size and unaltered.

If the image was ingested into the cloud via Lightroom Classic CC it is a 2560px long-edge Smart Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how you get it into the cloud.
If the image was ingested into the Creative Cloud via Lightroom CC Desktop client or Lightroom for Mobile (Android and iOS) or Lightroom for Web, it is the original image - full size and unaltered.

If the image was ingested into the cloud via Lightroom Classic CC it is a 2560px long-edge Smart Preview.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for quick answer!

But what if I upload my RAW-images to Adobe Cloud Service, how can I be sure that they are not compressed? Last time, yesterday – my RAW-image was compressed from 24,6 MB to 23,5 MB. Is that normal?

Best Regards,

Gerard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Today I uploaded a RAW-image in Adobe Lightroom CC, together with four other RAW-images. The first image was on 50,6 MB before uploading, and after uploading on 48,1 MB. Is that normal when uploading?

Best Regards,

Gerard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originals are not compressed when syncing to the Creative Cloud.  The difference you may be seeing result from a conversion between Decimal Megabytes and Binary Megabytes.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megabyte

See: Megabyte - Wikipedia

for a conversion calculator

See: https://www.gbmb.org/mb-to-bytes

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Thank you for answer!

I think you're right, in my images it's 48 MB, but I think that is in another type of megabytes. But after I have added my images, they are appearing one by one, but do I have to wait for all images to load to appear there or can I just press "import" to have them into Adobe Lightroom CC, in the cloud, without risking any image loss, image quality loss or similar?

Best Regards,

Gerhard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines