• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panoramas - deleting RAW files after stitching

Explorer ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using photo merge in Lightroom CC a lot, recently. Each image is made up of around 100 RAW files. I'm wondering if I can delete the RAW files after the panoramas have been stitched together but before I do a lot of work on them? The final constructed image has a badge on it showing how many single images it is made up of, so I assume it's still referencing them until it's exported to a TIFF or whatever format the final image is going to be in. I prefer not create a giant TIFF file until it's needed, so am I able to delete the underlying images after stitching but before converting the file to another format without losing the newly created image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

The number is normally showing how many photos are in the stack. But the merged file will be independent. It is not connected or linked to the original images. So it is safe to delete the original raw files from the cloud. But perhaps keep them as a backup on an external drive in case of future usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number is normally showing how many photos are in the stack. But the merged file will be independent. It is not connected or linked to the original images. So it is safe to delete the original raw files from the cloud. But perhaps keep them as a backup on an external drive in case of future usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fantastic. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines