• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste not available after copying Preset

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave followed the instructions on how to transfer and copy a preset. But then when I load my photo to use the preset with it doesn't allow me to click paste. 

I am using Lightroom free on my phone and have been told this should still be available. I have downloaded the most up to date version. 

What is the issue? Is there another way to use a preset without having to pay / subscribe? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe exactly what you did? You normally do not copy and paste presets, you create a preset and then you use it on other images by clicking on it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions on the lightroom "how to use a preset" section. It said to open with lightroom app and to click the 3 little dots. Then copy settings (unclick a few buttons) then click the tick. This copies it to the clipboard and says you should then be able to open the picture you wish to use, go to 3 little dots again And this time click paste. But this is where I get stuck as it's not giving me this option. 

I have also tried to save it as a preset but it won't let me add a preset by clicking the preset boutton at the bottom of screen because you have to subscribe/ pay for this section. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that is not using a preset, that is copy/paste settings. Those are two different things. Strange that the 'how to' does not make this difference clearer.

When you try to paste the settings, do you not see the paste menu at all, or is it dimmed?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok. Apologies I hadn't realised. It seems the "how to" suggests doing it via copy and paste. 
The paste button is there but it is just greyed out as if there is nothing available to paste. 

Is it possible to use presets in a different way on the free version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have the free version so I don't know what is supported and what is not. I believe making your own presets is supported, so do that. Select the image that you imported for its preset, go to Presets and create a new preset from the settings of this image. Now you can use this preset on other images simply by tapping it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines