Highlighted

People recognition stops incomplete

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new customer in CC using Lightroom CC on my mobile devices.

I am experimenting wit Lr uploading some dozen pictures with faces into CC.

I have learned that it will took a while until the face recognition is performed on the server and indeed after some hours I found some persons assigned in the people view. but thats was it. There are still some more persons in the sample collections, but there is no progress to identify and assign since 1 week. Since 1 week the number of persons recognized is unchanged. 

Any idea to help the system going?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

People recognition stops incomplete

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new customer in CC using Lightroom CC on my mobile devices.

I am experimenting wit Lr uploading some dozen pictures with faces into CC.

I have learned that it will took a while until the face recognition is performed on the server and indeed after some hours I found some persons assigned in the people view. but thats was it. There are still some more persons in the sample collections, but there is no progress to identify and assign since 1 week. Since 1 week the number of persons recognized is unchanged. 

Any idea to help the system going?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the face detection runs and it identifies "new faces", it is designed to only show those new faces in the People View if there are at least 5 instances of that face in the library. So if in your library there are less than five photos containing a specific face, that "group" will not show up in the People View. However, once a face has been "named" then that restriction does not apply, i.e. you can have "named" faces with only one image, and that face will appear in the People View.

To get those unnamed faces to appear in the People View, select an image that contains the face that you want to name, then open the Keyword panel (by clicking on the "tag" icon bottom right of the screen). You will find that any identified face in that image (named or unnamed) will be listed in the panel above the Keywords section. Unnamed faces will have "Add name" alongside the face thumbail, and you can click in that field and type the name. If there are more than one unnamed fces in the image, open the image in the Detail view, then when you hover the cursor over one of the small unnamed thumbnails in the Keywords panel you will see a white rectangle appear on the main image over the corresponding face. That way you can more accurately match the thumbnails to the real image faces.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!
Very useful answer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines