• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance - Lightroom cache

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see an option for Purge cache on exit for Lightroom Classic. As a person with an older pc that sometimes struggles with the resource needs of Lightroom, I feel that being able to automatically purge the cache on exit would be a godsend for me. Could Adobe PLEASE look at including this option in a future update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really an expert in this area. But I'm wondering just how necessary such a feature is since it is possible to set the maximum size of the cache in the Lightroom preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. For feature requests, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Search for your feature request first. If it is already requested by someone else, then don't create a new thread but add your vote to the existing request.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, Lightroom Classic?

You have posted your discussion in the Lightroom communitypage, that is the version that stores photos on the cloud, and uses an album on the cloud. Wrong Lightroom

You should be posting at: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/bd-p/lightroom-classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second up, I always thought the Camera RAW CACHE was purged upon close.  hmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's never been purged on exit. There is an option to purge it manually on the Preferences>Performance tab, but as the Camera Raw cache can make a significant performance difference it seems quite logical that it's not automatically purged on exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your answer. I have been doing some investigating on my pc to try and find the reason for the issues I am having, and it is probably more related to the pc than to Lightroom specifically. It is just coincidence that Lightroom is open when the pc crashes. I have found that for me, manually purging the cache after every use appears to help with my issue.

At the end of the day it probably means I need a new pc, but that isn't going to happen for some time, yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines