• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Import and Archiving

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some experience with Photoshop but am brand new to Lightroom.  

I wish to scan a large photo archive but would like to use something more reliable than Apple Photos.   Are there any online tutorials to help get me started?

My subscription includes Lightroom and Lightroom Classic but I'm not sure which is best for my needs.  I would also like to be able to continue to add photos to the library from my iPhone, so in a sense needs something that mimics Apple Photos but with more security and functionality.  (I'm still recovering from teh upheaval of iPhoto becoming Photos)

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would be going with Lightroom-CLASSIC on your desktop PC/Mac! (and I do..)

Your scans imported to Classic will be stored on a local hard-drive where you decide their folder location.

If you install Lightroom (mobile) on your phone, it will sync ('download') your iPhone photos (from Lightroom mobile) to the Classic folders when Classic is set to 'Sync' files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines