• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo in catalog but can't find the folder

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my photos are in folder not catalogs. Yes, I've been told that's wrong, but that's the way it was set up, hundreds of shoots in folders and it's worked just fine, and I'm not about to change it.

My portfolio pictures are in a catalog, anything with four or five stars. I want to be able to find the folder a certain photo is in but when I right click nothing appears to help me to do that. Any work arounds?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic uses a catalog, images are stored locally on the hard drive.

Lightroom stores images in the cloud, images are stored in albums.

Which version of Lightroom (Classic or cloud) are you using or want to use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm storing on hard drives using 9.2.1 RAW 12.2.1
Thanks!

[E-mail signature removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All photos are in a catalog if they are in Lightroom. Otherwise they wouldn't be visible in Lightroom. If you can see the photo then go to the library module and right-click on the photo and choose the option to go to the folder in the library. That should reveal the folder in the left hand panel. But you must do it in the library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping me. When I right click on the photo it takes me to Photos not the catalog as you can see in the screengrab.  Every photo is in a catalog. (see next post I replied to for all my catalogs)

98e69586-d686-4690-a385-bfbb9ce31806.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you are using Lightroom Classic not Lightroom. You posted this in the Lightroom forum. Can you confirm which Lightroom application you are using? Also, it sounds like you are confusing collections with catalogs. Are your portfolio photos in a collection? Can you post a screen capture of what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are clearly using Lightroom Classic, and what you see here is 'missing' folders. That means that Lightroom thinks there is a folder called '2006' in your 'Pictures' folder, but in reality that folder isn't in that location. That applies to all folders of images. Maybe you reorganised your Pictures folder and moved all those folders into a new parent folder?

Here's how you deal with this: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines