• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo merge missing images - fix in photoshop

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using photomerge a lot but it regularly can't use a few images - generally if it's leaves on a tree etc. Maybe they've moved in the wind. 

im wondering if anyone knows how to take the incomplete image after the merge and drop the missing images in manually in photoshop or similar?

i know how to edit in photoshop but is there a simpler process?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Lightroom do you use? If you use Lightroom Classic, then you can select the images and do the merge in Photoshop. It's at the bottom of the 'Edit in' menu. Lightroom desktop does not have such menu, but you can still open all images in Photoshop and then merge them there.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use desktop (CC) but I assume that photoshop will be using the same method for the merge and if LR doesn't like a few of the images then PS is going to have the same problem? I've completed the merge but there are some blank spaces where it isn't able to match the image so I was thinking I could take the missing image as a layer and drop it in and match it up by eye. Colour correction would be an issue, though, as LR balances all the other images automatically...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Photoshop has two different ways of merging panoramas. You can do it with raw images in Camera Raw, which is indeed the same as in Lightroom. But you can also use Photomerge with RGB images within Photoshop itself, and that is different. It's possible that this succeeds where Camera Raw fails. The other thing is that Photomerge from within Photoshop creates a layered result, so you can manually edit the merge and the masks.
-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines