Photo missing updated settings from another client

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I edited a photo in Lightroom on my PC. I then downloaded it on my phone through the Lightroom app.

Now, when I open the photo on my PC the settings are gone - it shows the original photo. When I click on the "edit" icon this message pops up:

"This photo is missing updated settings from another client that need to be downloaded before it can be edited. If you would like to edit the image imediately you can reset all settings."

When I hoover the mousepointer over the cloud-icon it says "synced and backed up"

On the app on my phone, the image is edited.

How do I recover the edited image on my PC?

(In the app on my phone it also says that everything is synced and backed up)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photo missing updated settings from another client

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I edited a photo in Lightroom on my PC. I then downloaded it on my phone through the Lightroom app.

Now, when I open the photo on my PC the settings are gone - it shows the original photo. When I click on the "edit" icon this message pops up:

"This photo is missing updated settings from another client that need to be downloaded before it can be edited. If you would like to edit the image imediately you can reset all settings."

When I hoover the mousepointer over the cloud-icon it says "synced and backed up"

On the app on my phone, the image is edited.

How do I recover the edited image on my PC?

(In the app on my phone it also says that everything is synced and backed up)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim Eirikg,

Could you please let us know what process did you use to download the image onto your phone, did you export the image and then moved it to the phone or did you sync the image from Lightroom CC desktop to your mobile device?

Also, which exact version of Lightroom CC and operating system are you working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying!

I opened the image in the LR-app on my phone, and then i used the "save to device"-option.

I'm using windows on my laptop, if that's what you're asking. I have recently installed Lightroom CC on my laptop, so i'm guessing I have the newest version of it.

I came to think of: I recently installed and logged onto Lightroom CC on my cousins laptop, just to show him some things in the program. I did not open the image I now have trouble with recovering. I logged out of Loghtroom (and Creative Cloud) from my cousins laptop - but can maybe this be the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue. I had originally made edits on my phone, then switched to my computer. I didn't like them so I reset all the edits and started over. Then I was scrolling through some other pics and went back to the one I just edited and then it said the same thing:

I then opened it up on my phone and it was only the version that I edited on my phone. Went back to my computer and now it's that version. How can I recover the other version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2018 3
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it looks like you have the exact same issue. Maybe it's an error in the link between the mobile App and the actual program on the PC. But one should think that this would be a common issue among users of both systems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I might be having a similar issue. This makes the cloud-based workflow pretty useless as any attempts to use more then one device simply result in synching errors.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2018 0