• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Plan

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently got the photo plan and do my main editing on a desktop - no problems there. I have also loaded LR onto my laptop so i can do some editing on holiday. My first question is why doesnt my laptop version of LR have all the same images that my desktop version has? The laptop version is empty nearly. I am sure I have to sync the two but I have no idea how?

My second question is related - what LR product do i need on my android phone in order to see my photos on my phone?

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since your question is about Lightroom, I have moved this from the "Get Started" forum for you.
~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo plan comes with two versions: Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (cloud). Lightroom Classic uses a local catalog and locally stored images. If you install it on two computers, it will use a different catalog on each computer and so you won't see the same images. Because you cannot sync two Lightroom Classic catalogs, most people place the catalog (and the images) on an external drive that they can then use with both computers.

Lightroom (cloud) stores the images and edits in the cloud. If you install it on two computers you will see the same images and edits, but because you store everything in the cloud, the default 20 GB storage space of the Photography plan will not be enough in the slightly longer term. In that case the Lightroom plan may be the better choice.

To see your photos on the Android phone you could use both versions. In Lightroom Classic you can choose which images you want to see, and sync those to the cloud. You can only do this from one catalog, however. If you use Lightroom (cloud), you will see all the images on the phone as well. You can't selectively sync them.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic/lightroom-cc-vs-lightroom-classic.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,
I think its ok that 2 catalogues are being used..thats fine…
Now the phone issue…what do I need to download onto my phone to see the images? Do I put the images to my phone directly from LR Classic? How do I select images to go to the phone?
Im an Amazon Prime user so want to take advantage of their free storage, unlimited, so Im thinking I need to download something onto both my desktop and phone…or do I send to phone directly from LR….sorry for being a numpty!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can sync one Lightroom Classic catalog to the cloud. Then you can select the images you want to see on your phone, place them in a collection and sync that collection. On your phone, you install Lightroom mobile and log in. That is all.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok,
Synching a catalogue to the cloud…how do you do that? The catalogue is the whole thing in LR is it, so all my folders and collections…?

I tried to sync a folder yesterday and it just brought back in a load of images I had deleted…didn’t think that was what you did….
Sorry and thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU CAN NOT SYNC A LR CLASSIC CATALOG TO THE CLOUDS.

You can place all of your images into a COLLECTION, one or multiples collection, and then Sync THAT COLLECTION, or the multiple collections you are using, to the LR Web system.

But that is NOT the same as syncing a Catalog. That, syncing a catalog, Can Not Be Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a bit semantics, but yes, the catalog is not synced, collections are. This works as follows. First you have to enable sync for one catalog. You cannot do that for more than one catalog. You do this by clicking on the small triangle on the right of the identity plate.

1 2020-03-09 22-41-37.jpg

Then you place the images you want to sync in a collection, and click on the small icon in front of the collection name to sync this collection. When you create a new collection, you will have an option to sync it right from the beginning.

1 2020-03-09 22-51-41.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your First Question.

LR Classic, the traditional version of LR which comes with the Photography Plan, does not Sync the Catalog across to a differetn install on another computer. It only knows about the images imported into the catalog file on that one computer you are using LR Classic on.

So the REAL Question is Which EXACT version of LR have you installed on both your desktop and on the notebook.

To find out open LR go to the Help menu and select System Info. Copy and paste the Version number from both your computers into a reply to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant seem to be able to reply to the messages…????

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did reply to the messages. It's better to come to the forums in your browser however, not to respond by email.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines