Highlighted

Photography Plan Subscription

New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone,

I am new here but I actually have a huge question.

Why is there no subscription plan in between the current two option?

1. $13 for Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and 20GB Cloud Storage

2. $26 for Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and 1TB Cloud Storage

Could there not be something in between? 1TB of cloud storage and 20GB is a huge gap in between.

Full time photographers may be able to use up the 1TB very quickly but then again, do you need 1TB of images sync across your mobile devices? Or rather can your mobile devices all support up to 1TB of images?

and 20GB of cloud storage for sync purpose is way too little for any photography enthusiast, which makes up majority of Adobe's client base. This is especially true when everyone is shooting on RAW and one trip could easily be more than 20GB. The sync across device is meant to be a convenience for users to be able to do things across devices but with 20GB then it becomes a hassle on which 20GB to sync.

It would be much much appreciated that there's an option for maybe 200GB/500GB priced between the current subscription plan available.

For those who are keen, please do leave a comment as well. At least to show adobe that we do want this option.

Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Theresa_J | Adobe Community Professional

If you use Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom CC all of your full resolution files are stored on a local drive. Images that sync to the cloud are done with smart preview files which are much smaller than the full res originals. I think most subscribers to the lower price 20GB plan are using Classic, not CC. It’s pretty easy to manage the cloud storage space this way.

The other way to look at this is, for not much more money you get a whole lot more cloud storage.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photography Plan Subscription

New Here ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone,

I am new here but I actually have a huge question.

Why is there no subscription plan in between the current two option?

1. $13 for Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and 20GB Cloud Storage

2. $26 for Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop and 1TB Cloud Storage

Could there not be something in between? 1TB of cloud storage and 20GB is a huge gap in between.

Full time photographers may be able to use up the 1TB very quickly but then again, do you need 1TB of images sync across your mobile devices? Or rather can your mobile devices all support up to 1TB of images?

and 20GB of cloud storage for sync purpose is way too little for any photography enthusiast, which makes up majority of Adobe's client base. This is especially true when everyone is shooting on RAW and one trip could easily be more than 20GB. The sync across device is meant to be a convenience for users to be able to do things across devices but with 20GB then it becomes a hassle on which 20GB to sync.

It would be much much appreciated that there's an option for maybe 200GB/500GB priced between the current subscription plan available.

For those who are keen, please do leave a comment as well. At least to show adobe that we do want this option.

Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Theresa_J | Adobe Community Professional

If you use Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom CC all of your full resolution files are stored on a local drive. Images that sync to the cloud are done with smart preview files which are much smaller than the full res originals. I think most subscribers to the lower price 20GB plan are using Classic, not CC. It’s pretty easy to manage the cloud storage space this way.

The other way to look at this is, for not much more money you get a whole lot more cloud storage.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 09, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa,

Thanks a lot for the reply. However, here are my thoughts:

Lightroom CC is supposed to complement Lightroom Classic. Especially when I am traveling and on long trips where I may not have access to a computer or would like to work on my images, mainly culling them. I would then upload the images to Lightroom CC, which would then be synced across all my devices.

20GB is hardly sufficient and I would like to make Lightroom CC as part of my workflow.

If the cloud storage could function better, like allowing users to batch download images then it would be great. I could use it as a form of cloud storage like Google Drive/DropBox or PCloud then i wouldn't mind paying for it but the main purpose of the cloud storage is actually really for syncing across device and I don't think I would want to pay for the additional 980GB when I might be using perhaps 100-200GB from that.

Really really hope there's a middle tier between 20GB and 1TB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Theresa says 20GB will go a long way if you create collections in Lightroom Classic and mark the collection for sync. This will give the opportunity to sync only the photos you wish rather than everything you import. Appropriate sized previews are then sent automatically to phones and tablets in order to use the device storage space efficiently. The only exception is when shooting lots of photos from your phone and syncing originals from Lightroom iOS or Android or from the Lightroom Camera app. That will obviously use up the 20GB more quickly than importing directly into Lightroom Classic.

If you don’t need Photoshop or Classic the Lightroom plan gives you 1TB of storage for US$9.99 or local regional price which seems to be $13 in your area.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon! I noticed that plan a well and it seems like the only other option I have but I do use Photoshop and Lightroom Classic from time to time, may not need it as much as Lightroom CC, especially when I am using it mainly for the device sync so I could cull images while on the move.

I travel quite a lot for work, commute and stuff. Being able to cull 20 photos/trip of 20minutes means I could easily clear additional 200 photos for the 5days commute to and from work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2019 0