Highlighted

Photos disappeared from Lightroom CC after recent update

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks

After a recent update of Lightroom CC / macOS Mojave, none of my images are showing up in Lightroom CC. I just get a black screen in edit & grid mode. The interface still correctly shows the number of image .. but no images themselves.

The images are available on both http://lightroom.adobe.com/​ and the mobile apps.

Appreciate your help in resolving this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photos disappeared from Lightroom CC after recent update

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks

After a recent update of Lightroom CC / macOS Mojave, none of my images are showing up in Lightroom CC. I just get a black screen in edit & grid mode. The interface still correctly shows the number of image .. but no images themselves.

The images are available on both http://lightroom.adobe.com/​ and the mobile apps.

Appreciate your help in resolving this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are sure everything is sync'd and backed up I would suggest you quit LRCC then go to Pictures and delete Lightroom Library.lrlibrary

Re-launch LRCC and wait for the completion of sync with the cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2018 1
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99jon​.

After seeing your comment, I remembered an Adobe note that suggested the following:

• Shutdown Lightroom CC
  • Find Lightroom Library.lrlibrary
  • Right click on file & "Show Package Contents"
  • Find the sub-folder with name that has a lot of numbers
  • Thrash all files starting with "Managed Catalog"

I did the above & the catalog started synching .. but seemed much faster than downloading all the content. So, I'm not sure what is happening technically, but it synched up quickly (about 22k pictures).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only usually need to open package contents to copy any originals still in the library cache. In your case everything seems to have been in the cloud. So no problem! Glad to help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2018 1
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thrash all files starting with "Managed Catalog"

Hi there, so I trash? Or thrash. Genuine question. 

I actually google "Thrash" I'm guessing it's a typo. 

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2019 0