• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos not uploading to the right place in Lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last week or so, when I upload photos to Lightroom, instead of uploading in the Navigator in date order, they are all going into the 2020 folder.  So instead of going into a folder under 2020, say 2020-09-16, they just go into the folder where I can see all 2020 photos in chronological order.  I've checked my settings - with my camera plugged in, import selected, it says From: (my camera model)  - Copy  - To: Ext HD.  I normally Rename File with the current date, next to Custom Text and hit import.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you are referring to Lightroom Classic. This is the forum for Lightroom, the cloud version. But to briefly answer your question, not only do you want to rename your files if that is your desire, you also need to go to the right-hand panel and choose the precise destination for your images, including choosing the external hard drive, the parent folder, and if you want the images in a date formatted subfolder then you need to choose the format for that subfolder. You are in control of all that, but you must take control and set that up before you initiate the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sorry I got the wrong group, I'll look for the Lightroom Classic group.  I've been doing it the same way for years.  Something has changed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what you are remembering. The import process for assigning the destination folder has been the same for quite a while as far as I can recall.

Screenshot 2020-09-20 090159.jpg

In case you're interested, here is the link to the Lightroom Classic forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/bd-p/lightroom-classic?page=1&sort=latest_replies&f...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines