• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop changes not showing in Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi before when i used to select edit photo in photoshop, any changes i made were brought into lightroom as an alternative version of the picture - this is no longer happening and any changes I make in photoshop are not showing in lightroom. 

How do I get my photoshop changes to be imported back into lightroom as I thought one of the purposes of lightroom was to have access to all your pics

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should work but some people make the mistake of using “Save As” in Photoshop. That creates a new document. You need to save and overwrite the rendered tiff file sent from Lightroom

1. Right-click thumbnail and choose open in Photoshop or press Ctrl+E
  2. Edit in Photoshop
  3. Press Ctrl+W to close and send back to Lightroom
  4. Click Yes to save changes

Go back to Lightroom and you should find a stack with a #2 icon

Right-click and choose Ungroup stack to see both side by side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly that doesnt work on the new version. This used to work perfectly when I had the old photoshop that was installed locally on laptop, but since moved to new cloud version for 2020 (and earlier), this basic function no longer works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using? The iPad version of PS uses special documents (PSDc) which are stored in the asset cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are still using a version that is installed locally. There is no version of Photoshop that runs in the cloud, you just install it and update it from the cloud. The problem is not the version of Photoshop, it's how you save the image. Photoshop for iPad does indeed save to the cloud, but Lightroom for iPad cannot (yet) send images to Photoshop, so you won't be using that combination.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the apple desktop version on my imac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The desktop version works fine from my Mac.

What are your steps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open photo in light room, edit it, select to edit photoshop, edit in photoshop, save photo, close photoshop 

Nothing appears light room but can access in photoshop. 

Have tried to save to cloud and pc and neither option makes any difference 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People that say that the image does not come back usually find that the image does come back, but it is hidden. For example because they filtered on raw (and what comes back isn't raw). Did you check if the image is in 'All Photographs'?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, and I did and I can see other JPEG images are displayed where I didnt have the RAW version

Re version, I have adobe photoshop lightroom version 3.2 from the mac app store

Any other ideas???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines