• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop vs lightroom

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning everyone. ive been taking pictures for yrs. i have a question. i have been using Lightroom mobile for a couple yrs now, and its free on the mobile app. i just recently bought the adobe photoshop premiere elements 2021. I'm learing how to manipulate that program. my question is How do i get lightroom on my PC to use with my Elements program. everywhere i look on the adobe site it is $9.99 a month to use it as a stand alone program... Do i really need Light room since i have the software of elements? 

Help me please understand these two adobe programs and how i may use them together or do i need Lr at all? also i just bought the Lens Ball and love what i can do with it. this is one of the reasons i bought the Ps software so i can learn how to flip the image in the photo. then i read that all you really had to do is turn off the rotate on the camera and take the picture with lensball upside down!!! Help!!! 

Thank you 

Connie 

Russell 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements is a video editor, not a photo editor. It does not work together with Lightroom like Photoshop works with Lightroom. You can edit your videos and import these in Lightroom, but there is no interaction between the two.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe has another product that is standalone called Photoshop Elements that is a simplified version of Photoshop. You can use it to edit your still images. If you aren't ready to move to a subscription model that might be a good choice for you. It isn't as versatile as Lightroom Classic, in my opinion. But if you are just getting started it might be a reasonable alternative. Lightroom Classic is a unique piece of software that takes getting used to. I started using it with the version 2, and frankly didn't appreciate it and didn't like it at first because I didn't fully understand how the catalog worked. Even now, I probably don't utilize the catalog and its capabilities to its fullest. But I have stayed with Lightroom and even with my limited understanding seem to fully appreciate its capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines