Highlighted

pixel size changing when exported as jpg

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a novice and need advice. I have a photo that I need at "exactly 2100 px on the longest side and 300 ppi, uncompressed, saved with maximum image quality in jpeg".

I have set the image to these in Ai but when I export the image properties show 8751 x 4923. I have also tried to export in Lightroom with no success. Please someone tell me how to do this.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

A digital image doesn't have ANY PPI setting. It only has pixel dimensions. If you specify the long side to be 2100 pixels then it should be that long regardless of what the PPI setting is.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

pixel size changing when exported as jpg

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a novice and need advice. I have a photo that I need at "exactly 2100 px on the longest side and 300 ppi, uncompressed, saved with maximum image quality in jpeg".

I have set the image to these in Ai but when I export the image properties show 8751 x 4923. I have also tried to export in Lightroom with no success. Please someone tell me how to do this.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

A digital image doesn't have ANY PPI setting. It only has pixel dimensions. If you specify the long side to be 2100 pixels then it should be that long regardless of what the PPI setting is.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the artboard has these dimensions?

Export the JPEG at 72 ppi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020 0