Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-Purchase Question(s)

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I'm a Johnny Cum Lately to this Lightroom thing and was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me and my wife.

If I use Lightroom on my PC where will the images be stored? If it is within the 1TB storage, can I also move (export) the photos to my Microsoft cloud storage (One drive)? I would like to relieve my PC of any more storage as it is getting full.

Can I download the app for my iPhone and iPad and use Lightroom there as well?

I bet you're all thoroughly nice people and thanks for your help in advance.

Best wishes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two types of the Photography Plan available:

1. One includes Lightroom Classic (images are stored and managed on local drives), Photoshop, Lightroom (images are stored primarily in the cloud, but see later), and 20GB of cloud storage.

2. The other does not include Lightroom Classic or Photoshop, just Lightroom and 1TB of cloud storage.

Assuming you are interested in the second plan, all images are stored in the Adobe cloud by default. However, some local storage is also needed and that sometimes catches the user out as they weren't expecting it. Have a look at this thread from this same forum, particularly my last post there which tried to clarify what happens in this regards: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/remove-originals-after-lightroom-cc-migration/td-p/11086784...

Regarding running Lightroom on iPads and iPhones, yes you can use as many mobile devices as you like, their usage forms part of either of the two plans, as does the syncing of data between them.

Yes you can export the images from Lightroom to any local drive, but you can't move the originals to alternative cloud storage and be able to continue to access them through Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back so quick Jim.

One more question. I have my SD card with lots of photos. Do they go from the card to my machine or straight up to the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said in that post in the other thread....Lightroom would COPY the images from the SD Card into the specified location on your local hard drive, and it's from that local copy that they are uploaded to the cloud. The issue discussed in that other thread is how quickly those local copies are deleted by Lightroom, and what to do if the deletion isn't happening quickly enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines