• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preselect Photos on iPhone for Lightroom Classic import

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I take a lot of pictures with my iPhone of which I only want to import a selection into my local Lightroom Database at home. I want to beginn the selection process while on the road on my iPhone. How can I set up an easy workflow for this? In my mind there are three options that I can see but don't understand fully:

1. Use the Lightroom App on my iPhone and move my selected images from my iOS Photos app into a Lightroom App Album. But then how can I access those from Lightroom Classic? Via the Creative Cloud? I've noticed that when I set up a CC sync process the received images in a local folder on my drive changed format from .HEIC to .JPG. Can I send the selected images in the Lightroom App directly to Lightroom Classic when I connect my phone to the computer?
  2. Select the photos in the iOS Photos app and send them diectly to Lightroom Classic on my MAC. I haven't figured out if this is even possible through the Photos App menu. Is this a possible solution?
  3. Just plug in the phone when I get home and start the regular import process in Lightroom Classic on my MAC. But then I could'nt do any pre-selection on the road 😞

Thanks for your help,

Boris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

I use the first method. In fact I have "Auto Import" enabled in the LrMobile app on my iPhone, so any photo I take with the phone will automatically sync down into my Classic catalog. With "Maximum Efficiency" set for the Camera app on the phone, the images arrive in Classic as HEIC, as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the first method. In fact I have "Auto Import" enabled in the LrMobile app on my iPhone, so any photo I take with the phone will automatically sync down into my Classic catalog. With "Maximum Efficiency" set for the Camera app on the phone, the images arrive in Classic as HEIC, as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim for quick the info. That worked really well.

Do You know what happens with iPhone Live Pics in that workflow? Usually there should be a .mov-file that comes with the .HEIC-file. Even though I had icluded video-files in the Auto-Import option in LrMobile the video-file dows not show up in the Lightroom Classic catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what happens with Live Photos. I rarely use the iPhone Camera App (prefer to shoot raw with the Lr camera), but I would hope someone else will be able to answer that.

One thing to understand about video files is that they don't sync very cleanly with Classic.....they should sync and download OK, but after that they are marked as "unsynced", so are not added to the All Synced Photographs collection. But they should be auto-added to the LrMobile app (but only those taken AFTER you turn on Auto-Import, any taken before that point are ignored), and should still be in Classic in the download location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That helps a lot. I sounds like it makes more sense to seperate the video stuff from the photos then. Running the pics through the LrMobile workflow and stick to the "Apple-Workflow" for the videos - runnig them through the Image Capture App manually. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines