• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset applied on photo import with Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the new Lightroom (not classic) for almost a year and am suddenly having a problem when importing photos. For the last couple of weeks, what appears to be a preset is automatically applied to all my photos on import. As far as I am aware, Lightroom CC does not even have import presets, but please correct me if I am wrong because this is driving me crazy!

All photos have the "Modern 08" profile applied, the sliders are all over the place and they even have grain and vignetting. Needless to say this is making everything look quite ugly and this is not a preset that I have saved or ever used. If I make changes and click "revert to original" it reverts to these settings, so it is definitely being applied when importing to the library.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing straight from camera or card reader? Have the files been used in other software including Adobe Bridge, ACR, or Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are straight from the SD card and have not been used by any other software. I haven't changed anything in my workflow since I installed Lightroom CC so can't understand why this has suddenly started happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve not seen this issue previously. What version of LRCC are you running? You can find out from the menu:

Help >> About Lightroom…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is the latest version, 2.2

it started doing this just before I updated and I was hoping that the update would fix it, but there is no change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you report the issue at the link below. The Adobe engineers will then get to see it.

Lightroom CC for Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really strange. Most of us wish there was a way to add a preset during import, but as of now there is no way to do this. Does every photo get the same exact settings applied to it? If grain is added, does every photo get the same amount of grain? Can you share a screen capture of what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes all the settings are identical every time. I would also love this feature to be added, so I was pretty sure that I would have noticed the option and hadn't just forgotten about it!

I am away from my own computer at the moment, but would be happy to add a screenshot when I get home. There is nothing special to see though - it just looks as though I have edited the photo and made some questionable choices.

I have reported this as suggested and have been given a procedure for resetting the preferences, so I will report back if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just tried the reset and unfortunately there is no change. I had convinced myself that it was going to work, so a bit disappointing. Here are the screenshots of the preset that is being applied to all my photos

Screenshot 2019-03-20 at 22.03.25.png Screenshot 2019-03-20 at 22.04.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe your process for adding photos to Lr? I'm honestly stumped by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you select one of the photos and open the presets panel. If a preset has been applied it is usually highlighted in blue in the list – see image below. That may provide a pointer.

ColPunch.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is definitely no preset highlighted. In fact, the only way I have found for getting around this so far is to create a "blank" preset with everything set to zero, and apply that to every photo individually (which is obviously very tedious).

In terms of my process for adding to the library, all I do is insert the SD card straight from the camera, click the + icon, create a new album and import. No idea how any of that could be affecting things in this way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you move the images to a hard drive first and then add them to Lightroom from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you setup any kind of camera default settings via ACR or Lightroom Classic? See Adobe Lightroom - Customising Camera Defaults. You can try to reset the custom camera defaults that will address your problem.

This seems to be a new behavior that I'll need to confirm with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just managed to sort it with help from Rikk on the Photoshop Family forum. Turns out it was somehow picking up settings from Lightroom Classic, which I also have installed.

I'm not really sure where these settings were coming from as they were different from anything I was actually using, but clicking the "reset all default develop settings" button in the Lightroom Classic preferences fixed it!

Very pleased that it is now ok, although I hope this means I can keep Classic installed and use it as normal, as I sometimes use it for features missing from Lightroom CC.

Thanks for everyones input anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the fix. This is helpful information. Someone else is likely to come along with a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. "Reset all default Develop settings" in the LrClassic preference dialog will reset all custom camera defaults if that is what you want. Additionally you can reset the custom camera defaults on a per camera model basis by following Adobe Lightroom - Customising Camera Defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks @simonsaith. I just didn't realise that the Lightroom Classic preferences had anything to do with it. My understanding was that they were two totally separate applications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dlk2000  wrote

thanks @simonsaith. I just didn't realise that the Lightroom Classic preferences had anything to do with it. My understanding was that they were two totally separate applications

They are separate applications, but because they both use Camera Raw for the develop process there are some Camera Raw settings which would apply to both applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines